Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Macon Road

This is a house I lived in 30 years ago. Susan and Emma came across it today, sitting empty. I've added the pictures that they took to the ones I had.
Justin and Butch.And, here's Butch's claim to fame. He lived the last years of his life with Hank Williams, Jr. My husband's parents lived in Cullman, Alabama, right across a hill from Hank Jr. and his family. Any time we visited them, Butch went along and always ended up across that hill. When it was time to leave, we had to go get him, and he did not like leaving. Of course, there were other animals that he had become very attached to. He ended up staying there, and my husband would visit him on his trips to see his parents. (We had split up by the time he left Butch there. I personally never met Hank Jr.). http://hankjr.com/fans Susan and Justin.
Justin learning to ride Nell.
The Pond.

1 comment:

Tootsie said...

hey. just wanted to say that I have read every post ...and that I am thinking of you lots!