Thursday, June 19, 2008

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I CAN'T WAIT TO TURN IT INTO OUR DREAM. BUT WE'RE LIVING A DREAM HERE.

3 comments:

Nancy Jane said...

Came here from Tootsie's blog and so glad that I did! Was so intrigued by the school you bought that I had to call my husband in to look! I thought it was going to be a little one room school house! What are your plans for all of that glorious space indoors?
My husband has a large collection of model trains, and he of course had his ideas. I could envision a huge quilt studio here with massive tables and huge long arm quilting machines. Hope you share how you would like to use the space. If my husband and I could have located an abandoned train station, that's where we would be living right now! Best of luck with your blogging...I'm still trying to get mine going! Nancy

donnaray said...

Hey Nancy Jane, (that's my Mother's name), thanks for stopping by. We have major plans for the entire place, I guess I need to add that to my story line. Did you notice the train tracks right behind the school? We also have train sets that will be added into the theme. Also my brother-in-law works for the railroad! We collect EVERYTHING! Here's an example of what we're gonna do. In the gym we are going to have mannequins dressed up in cheerleader outfits, holding pom poms cheering on the Home Team.(We have quite a few trophies that the school won, those will be displayed).(Also, my husband's Mother grew up not far from there, and actually played basketball in OUR GYM in the 1930's, she will be 90 years old, next week). Other mannequins sitting in the bleachers. We have a soda fountain from the 1950's, and everything for the concession stand, etc. I could go on and on, we have plans for all 35,000 SF. Thanks, for the interest, I'll get back to you next week. Donna

donnaray said...

Hey, this is Donna, and I just got back fron RMS, and looking at your pictures. I love your home, and the kitchen is BEAUTIFUL. I also love the hills, I personally, have to be surrounded by greenery. I couldn't live any other way. Thanks for your interest in the school, I could write a book about all our plans. I'm sure we'll be talking often. Donna