ONE OF THE REASONS I STARTED THIS BLOG, WAS TO HAVE A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING I WANT TO SHARE, WITH EVERYONE I WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH. I TRIED RATE MY SPACE ON HGTV, BUT WE AREN'T HGTV KIND OF PEOPLE. WHAT I MEAN IS, WE DON'T HAVE HGTV STYLE, WE DON'T HAVE CLEAN LINES, WE DON'T STUDY THE LAWS OF MINIMALISM. WE LIKE STUFF, LOTS OF STUFF. MY HUSBAND AND I WERE BOTH COLLECTORS BEFORE WE MET. WE HAVE NO CHILDREN, NO PETS, (EXCEPT THE GOLDFISH IN THE POND, AND ALL THE BACKYARD BIRDS WE FEED). BUT, WE HAVE LOTS OF STUFF. WE TRY TO "SAVE" EVERYTHING.
HALF OF WHAT WE OWN CAME FROM OFF THE STREET. THE REST CAME FROM YARD SALES, FREECYCLE, ETC. WE BOTH HAVE A PASSION FOR HISTORY, WE LOVE ANYTHING OLD OR DISCARDED, THINGS OTHER PEOPLE DON'T WANT. WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS, THIS IS MY LIFE, THIS IS THE WAY WE LIVE, AND I LOVE IT.
I HOPE EACH OF YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING ABOUT IT TO LOVE, TOO. DONNA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey! I am really loving your blog. I am a "junk" collector too. I am a lisenced interior designer and work from home. I am so NOT one of the less is more people either. My spaces inside don't fare as well as some of the High end ones do... so in the summer I do only the garden stuff! I have put all of your comments on the blog pages...I screen most of them. I had a bad situation going on in the beginning and was being harassed, so I started to moderate. All that means is that I read them before they are published. The one that was removed was by me. I accidentally posted one that was meant for me only. I had asked a friend from RMS to send me her email address. I hit the publish button by accident...so i took it off the comment page to protect her privacy!
Hope I answered your questions!
I am so jealous of your school house...mine is still being used as a school....stupid public school board! lol
hi Donna, so nice to meet you. Im janet and I also just recently became a blogger. I am also a member of RMS, the folks were good to me, but i just seen too much nastiness and folks being told that their beautiful things were clutter, i started to lose track of what i really wanted for my family home. Im enjoying the blogging and i dont feel i need to impress anyone but me. Your home is absolutely gorgeous, i would love to have all that space to decorate, i would never be bored...lol Our home is small but thats okay, i have lots of plans for it, we have only been here 10 months, so lots to do and now that im making most of my own choices, it will be who we are. I found your blog through tootsie, who is a complete sweetheart. Her home, gardens and herself are beautiful. I have enjoyed your blog...look forward to reading more each time
Hi, I am Kathy,the artist. I so love having another bloger. Just remember that I can't spellworth dodo.Neat idea with the school. I have seen barns done, but never a school.I am all the time doing something to mine, hubby just go right along. Last year we changed the garage into a master bedroom. Not as big a change as you.Can't wait to see the finish. Welcome aboard. Kathy
Hey Janet, I'm sorry it took me a while to get back to you.I just finished reading some of your blog, the main thing that stands out to me, is your blog name-This is my life-that's pretty much what I said, This is my life, and I love it. And you positively have to trust yourself and your choices, you're the one that has to be happy. Changing the subject, you have humidity in Canada? I'd never have guessed that. I HATE humidity. Memphis is classified as having tropical humidity. It's awful here. Thanks again for your interest. Donna
Hello Kathy, So you live in Tennessee, too. Isn't that Fall Creek Falls, in the picture? I just wanted to write a short note and thank you for your interest in my blog. And to tell you that your paintings are beautiful, I can't imagine having that kind of talent. Hope to talk to you soon.
Donna
Post a Comment