Monday, November 3, 2008

The Piano And The Porch

This is a house Ben bought 10-15 years ago, for the land. Good thing, because the house was way past gone, way back then. We sold it last week (for the land), and Ben went by himself (because that was best for both of us), to get the things he had stored there. I guess by now, everyone has figured out that my husband is a hoarder. The grandaddy of all hoarders, but I love him in spite of that. He has many other wonderful qualities. And what a great pair we make, because I could be a professional organizer, that's the one thing I can do better than almost anybody.
It sits on a beautiful lake, about an hour from Memphis.
This was the last thing left inside, and it's extra heavy because it's a player piano.
He decided to try to get the piano all by himself. And this is what happened..... One man, a house sitting on a bluff, a rotten porch, need I say more? (Don't think I let him go all alone to move this, he said he would get help when he got there).
I'm just so thankful he didn't get hurt. He went back the next day, took it all apart and loaded it up.
We're gonna hang all the parts and pieces on the walls, at the school. It kinda looks like a harp. We think it's beautiful.
And the people who bought the house were ok with the porch coming down, they're bulldozing it to build a new one.

No comments: