Tuesday, July 1, 2008

THE TORNADO OF FEBRUARY 5TH, 2008.

Last February 5th, a tornado came thru Memphis. We were lucky, we had only the winds, rain and lightning to deal with. But the tornado did do major damage, less than 5 miles from here. And, there were deaths. I have posted so many beautiful pictures of my home and yard, but those were taken before February 5th, 2008. It has taken the last 5 months to return our yard to anything close to what it was before. First, let me say, I LOVE TREES, I will do anything to save a tree. We had three 100' tall trees fall that night, and one got hit by lightning. This is what our yard looked like the next day. This tree started out in the front yard,
but ended up in the back yard, on top of the pool.Here are some pictures of what happened in the back yard.This tree got hit by lightning. It was my favorite tree on the entire 2 1/4 acres.These pictures were taken in the front yard. There were no fallen trees in the front yard, but we had trimming done because we were getting a new roof. Can you see the tree man in the tree? In the middle of the picture, under the crane. Roofing Day!
The last tree we had to take down. Between the house and pool. I've gotta say, I hate all the sun! At least we have a 25' tall Tulip Poplar, to replace the Oak we had to take down. The tree that was hit by lightning, was a Tulip Poplar. It was my favorite tree in the entire yard.

No comments: